Barisal Education Board (SR and no 250 law -99) Branch -11/(1) 98- ISEO) deals with schools and colleges of the Districts, Barisal, Patuakhali, Bhola. Pirojpur. Barguna and Jhalakathi of Barisal Division. It was established on August 23, 1999, / Bhadra 08, 1406 according to Section 03 A(1) of 1961 Ordinance. Barisal Education Board is established to hold S.S.C and H.S.C examinations and to ensure the registration process easier for the students of Secondary and Higher secondary level of this region. It was very difficult and expensive for the teachers of this region to go to Jessore Board for Completing their necessary official activities. As a result, Barisal Secondary and higher secondary Education Board was established. Its first working day was on November 16, 1999.
The Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education, Barisal (hereinafter referred as BISE) started its operation in 1999. It is an autonomous and self-regulating organization in the field of educational administration and management in Bangladesh. Considering the growing demand for both qualitative and quantitative education in the country, the BISE-Barisal is trying to develop it as a center of excellence in the field of educational administration. Its focuses are improvement inspection and providing assistance in forming managing committees of schools and colleges, controlling student enrollment in schools and colleges, improvement in physical education and sportsmanship of students and organization of three important public examinations-J.S.C. (Junior School Certificate) S.S.C. (Secondary School Certificate) and H.S.C. (Higher Secondary Certificate) Examinations of Barisal division. It also gives scholarships to meritorious students based on the results.
The activities of Barisal Education Board are as under follows:
1) To behavior the activities relating to the registration of the students of class IX and XI.
2) To hold SSC Examination and to publish results and later on Mark sheets (Academic Transcripts) and certificates.
3) To hold HSC Examination and to publish result and later on Mark sheets (Academic Transcripts) and Certificates.
4) To give permission to establish schools of junior and secondary level and to permit for teaching and after a particular period of time if the institution fulfills the conditions for affiliation, then this institution is affiliated.
5) To give permission for admitting the students to the secondary school & Higher secondary schools/colleges and afterward annexation is given if terms & conditions are fulfilled.
6) To approve the Managing committee & Governing body.
7) To renew the annexation of schools & colleges.
8) Monetary assistance is given after justifying the standard and quality of the schools & colleges and conference are held.
9) The various instructive conference is held.
Institute Statistics of Barisal Education Board