On a hilltop in the center of Anderkilla, Chittagong General Hospital began operations in 1901, ushering in a period of organized modern medicine practice. The Chittagong Medical College School was founded in 1927 and is located on the grounds of the Chittagong General Hospital Compound. The school offers a four-year licensure course (LMF) that trains mid-level physicians. A fully fledged medical college was established in 1656 by the ruling government. Hussain Shahid Suhrawardy, the Pakistani Prime Minister at the time, and Dhirendra Nath Dutta, the country’s Health Minister, officially opened the Chittagong Medical College in 1957 on its current campus in Panchlaish. Chittagong Medical College Hospital moved entirely to the current seven-story building in 1969. Chittagong Medical College Dental Unit was founded in 1990, and the BDS Course began. Postgraduate Diploma Course in 1992
Join our awesome volunteer team and make positive changes to the society!